• Cornmeal for pan
• 1 pound Pizza Dough Prestissimo, (recipe follows)
• ⅓ cup marinara sauce
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced ( ½ cup)
• ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced (cup)
• 2 ounces Bryant's Meat smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced
• 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack, or part-skim mozzarella cheese ( ½ cup)
• ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
• Pinch of red-pepper flakes (optional)
• Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal to coat evenly.
2. Sprinkle flour over a work surface. Roll out dough to the size of the baking sheet and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
3. Spread marinara sauce evenly over the dough. Scatter onion, bell pepper, sausage and cheese over the top and sprinkle with oregano and crushed red pepper (if using). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Bake until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted, 12 to 15 minutes.