• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 pound ground sausage or 1 pound sausage links with casings removed (hot, but use mild if preferred)
• 1 small sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (regular paprika may be substituted)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
• 3 or 4 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
• 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes with juice
• 4 large eggs (or a couple more if desired)
• 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (regular or Italian flat-leaf)
1. To a large skillet, add the olive oil, sausage, onions, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and cook for about 8 minutes over medium-high heat, or until sausage is cooked through and onions are lightly golden browned. Stir intermittently and break up the sausage as it cooks.
2. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant; stir intermittently.
3. Add the tomatoes and juice, stir to combine, and allow tomatoes to simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened and reduced.
4. Evenly crack the eggs around the skillet, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until eggs are as set as desired.
5. Evenly sprinkle with parsley, additional salt and pepper if desired, and serve immediately. Eggs are best warm and fresh.