• 8-oz dried pasta - penne, elbows or campanelle
• 1 (14-oz) package smoked turkey sausage, sliced
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 cup beer
• 3 Tbsp flour
• 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 tsp dry mustard
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook smoked sausage in olive oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium saucepan, heat beer over medium-high heat until it bubbles. Stir in flour and cheese. Whisk until cheese has melted and is smooth.
4. Whisk in Worcestershire, dry mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
5. Toss cooked sausage and pasta in beer cheese sauce. Serve immediately. (To thicken the sauce, add a flour a little bit at a time. For a thinner sauce, add small amounts of beer until it reaches the desired consistency.)